SPUTNIC brings together the following partners:
- EuroPACE ivzw, which is responsible for the coordination of this project, is a European non-profit association of universities, educational organizations and their networks. Its main objective is to foster networked e-learning for virtual mobility, internationalization of higher education, knowledge creation and sharing and lifelong learning. EuroPACE has a long history in research and development in technology-supported teaching and learning, as well as in the co-ordination of international research projects.
- Katholieke Universiteit Leuven (Catholic University of Leuven), is the largest university in Flanders, Belgium, and one of the eldest in Europe. It has over 25,000 students (over 3000 of which are international student), employs over 14,000 people, and offers over 60 academic study programmes and over 100 post-graduate and PhD programmes. It has a long-standing tradition within the Erasmus programme and participates in a number of international study programmes. Moreover, the AVNet department – which coordinates the KULeuven effort in SPUTNIC- has participated in a number of research projects on virtual education, e-learning and technology-enhanced learning in general.
- ICWE is a company based in Germany who are specialists in the organisation of educational events. These include events aimed at primary and secondary education, higher education, vocational training, language training and study abroad programmes, international student recruitment, lifelong learning, e-learning and e-training. ICWE organises a range of leading international conferences and exhibitions catering to organisations, institutions and individuals who are interested in acquiring or disseminating information, developing business and fostering international partnerships. ICWE annual events include the EAIE Annual Conference, Online Educa Berlin, Online Educa Madrid, eLearning Africa, Expolingua Berlin, Expolingua Praha, "Languages & Business" and “Language and the Media”.
- EDEN (The European Distance and E-Learning Network) is the most comprehensive European association in the field of open, flexible, distance and eLearning. Its aim is to foster developments in distance and eLearning through the provision of a platform for co-operation and collaboration between a wide range of institutions, networks and individuals concerned with open, flexible distance and eLearning in Europe.
- Teknillinen Korkeokoulu, Koulutuskeskus Dipoli (Helsinki University of Technology, Lifelong Learning Institute Dipoli) is one of the largest continuing education providers among universities in its field in Europe. TKK Dipoli develops, manages and coordinates lifelong learning and professional development programmes. TKK Dipoli hosts the teaching and learning support unit of TKK, and is actively participating in the development of the Finnish Virtual University. It combines international networks and the solid technological know-how of the university staff to support management and technological development. Since 1992, TKK Dipoli has been coordinator or partner in several European R&D and training projects.
- BEST (Board of European Students of Technology) is a non-profit student organization. The Educational Involvement of BEST is the responsibility of the Educational Committee, that deals with various programs connected to the educational world of the modern engineer.The European Union and other Institutions organise programs in direct relation to the improvement of the quality and value of engineering education in Europe. The Educational Committee participates actively in such projects, and becomes an active connection between the students of BEST and these projects.The aim of such involvement is to give regular students the opportunity to share their ideas and visions on higher education and to get their voice heard at a higher level.